Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why a Dirty Girl?

This Blog is about scrapbooking and how I have evolved to be a dirty girl. First off, I started scrapbooking about a year ago, after I lost my job. I found that I enjoyed certain styles in scrapbooking. I like steam punk, grunge, shabby chic, and vintage. I actually started enjoying the look of these styles many, many, years before I started scrapbooking. It started when I tried to decorate my home. I repurposed antiques, and refinished antiques, and old furniture to decorate my home. I liked the shabby chic look, and I am somewhat rustic. I had to be, because I have seven children. When one of my blanket trunks would get a dent it from one of the children, I could just look at it and say," Oh that just adds character." The other reason I like antiques, is because all the dents and scratches told a story. This is the reason I could easily develop a passion for scrapbooking. For years, I would look at items and ask myself what can I do with this. One of the things that is in common with grunge, steam punk, vintage, and shabby chic, is that all of them pretty much require inking, distressing, and aging the papers you work with... What I call dirtying it up. ...I AM A DIRTY GIRL... I ink it up ....

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented Laurie! It's about time you shared your talent with the world.

    ReplyDelete