Saturday, July 14, 2012

Here Comes The Babies and Tim's July Tag






I just finished the first of three baby albums. Jessica and Joe are expecting their second child. He will be born on July 17, 2012 c-section. A few months ago Jessica found out that their baby boy had spinal bifida and will most likely have to have a wheelchair. They have been watching very closely the growth of the ventricle in his brain. Last week they found out his ventricles are growing and he needs to be delivered. He will be a preemie. The next day he will have surgery. Jessica and Joe will have many challenges ahead of them. So I made them a mini album. The pattern I used was baby steps from Laura Dennison. It's a cutie. It is bound by ribbons. I like it because Jessica could put the album in her purse. I also made some things out of vinyl for his bedroom. I made his name using the printing press cartridge. I spray painted different frames and took the backs off the frames. I mounted the vinyl on the glass and hot glued the glass into the frame.  Jessica and Joe picked out a bible verse for their son and I made a vinyl for the wall. Below you will see the mini and the wall hangings.


I really struggled trying to get the alcohol ink spread out like a fire works . Kind of looks like a mess. Oh well.  I still think it looks pretty good. Thank you to my dear friend Mary for sharing some of her staples with me............I'm sure my next post will be after club .......We will all be excited about scrapfest... We are already gearing up for it.

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, this album is SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!! Its elegant and detailed and soft and I just adore it!!!

    ReplyDelete