Friday, May 25, 2012

May'sTag for TH 12 tags of 2012 and Much More

This is my tag finally completed. I had so many projects to do, plus, this is the time of year I have planting to do. Some of the unique features of this tag are. 1. the charm I made from chip board. I made my own embossing powder concoction. I mixed clear powder with rust and cappuccino perfect pearls. This gave the antique metal look I think it turned out pretty cool. It has two layers of embossing for a smoother look. 2.  Also, the flower look like they are porcelain. I used the little satin ribbon roses that are in the wedding section at Bargain Bills. I used distress ink and just shade the tips of the petals of the roses. I used glossy accents and saturated the roses. The inked wicked into the rest of the roses carrying the color completely coloring the roses. Gotta love the distress inks.

Aint' She Cute!
Yes I am still working on this project. I do have the top tray mini album done. In this album is all my children's baby pictures. I am on grandkid number 6 (out of 12) for the bottom tray. I love this project. Actually,  this is my very favorite.  It's got it all. The Wow factor. The paper I just love. I didn't even want to cut the paper I love it so much. I am totally enjoying the experience of making it. When I look at the pictures of my babies it brings back such fond memories and warm and fuzzy feelings. and it is not too difficult making. When it is completed I'll post the final you tube of it.

Last time I posted it was about the mini album swap. I talked about my friend Shanda(Shanda Chic)  whom I made my album for. Well Shanda had my name. This is the album she had made for me ...Oh it is so beautiful. I love it.

Meet our newest member of Club. Collin Louis Matthys. Isn't he cute. He is  Mary's grandson. He was born on May 14 2012, and he and his mommy joined us at club on May 19, 2012. His mommy (Jenny)  is incredible she had a c-section and 5 days later joined us at club.... She even giggled. You would have never known she just had major surgery and a baby... That is scrapbook dedication. We had eight ladies at club this month. Briana joined us. Briana is expecting twins. In a couple of month we will have three babies join us...... I think that is exciting.

Mary, Laurie, Shanda, Connie, Jenny
 This picture was taken on The National Scrapbook Day.  These are some of the ladies I scrapbook with. This picture makes me laugh because Shanda and I are doing the get rid of the double chin pose.  We have so much fun together. ....... GET DIRTY.....,the D!rty G!rl

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the tags my friend! I think it's cute you introduced Collin on your blog, too! Awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag! Love that you made your own embossing mixture! Love the flowers and the cool background. You have a great group there! Such an adorable little one they brought along! Start them crafting young!

    ReplyDelete