Monday, May 7, 2012

Dirty Girl Meets Shanda Chic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypmhjQ5zP48&feature=channel&list=UL

So this is what I have been up to. I have been creating a mini album for a mini album exchange. So I have not been able to talk about it for I would be risking that my exchange person would find out. I had my friend Shanda. I made a stack the deck mini with pockets. (I love making this album)This was fun because I knew my exchange person very well. I had worked with Shanda when I worked for CSSW. I also was Shanda's roommate for Scrapfest last year. Shanda likes to glitter and bling everything. We call her style Shanda Chic. So I knew that I had to break down and buy a bottle of stickles and some gems. I decided to create an album that combined out styles and I called it Dirty Girl meets Shanda Chic.


As you can see Shanda was very happy to get her album. I gave to her on National Scrapbook Day. I spent National Scrapbook Day at a crop with five other friends at a scrapbook store called Hand to Heart. We had a great time. I have been so busy making mini albums (which I love to make ) that I am behind in my 12x12 layouts. I will be probably do them at club. Every month I have "Club" at my house.  Last month their were ten crafters. We try and teach each other new techniques and encourage each other to go a little beyond our comfort zone. We also giggle a lot. Last month we had to bring flowers and instructions on how to make them. We alcohol inked soda cans and cut out flowers on the Big Shot.

. Don't they look like a fun group?

I hope the next time I post  I will be done with my steam trunk baby album. It has been taking me along time but I have to say I am really enjoying making it. I love working on it with every picture of one of my babies I reminisce about how cute they were and really savor the memories. That is probably why I haven't finished it yet. To be honest I am loving this album but I think I am so enjoying the process of making it I don't want it to end. When it is done I'll make  a video and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment